This weekend I’m headed off to a cookie exchange with a bunch of the mums from my youngest daughter’s playgroup. For anyone who isn’t familiar with the idea of a cookie exchange (I wasn’t until I was invited to this one!), this is how ours is going to work: Everyone who is attending will bake 2 dozen (or some other set number) of their favourite cookie. Each of us has to share ahead of time what our recipe will be to avoid double ups. On the night, we all take along our cookies, and a container to take cookies home in. It’s a lovely social night, everyone samples some cookies, and at the end of the night, you get to take home a container full of everyone’s different cookies – so you make one flavour of cookie, but you take home a whole assortment of different ones!
Now, I am no baker, and the host has been very generous and said that if we want to attend but aren’t bakers, or don’t have time, we’re welcome to take store bought cookies. It’s a tempting offer given my lack of baking skill and my 2 very young children. But I’ve decided to give it a go, and so I’ve hit pinterest with a vengeance searching for the perfect (hopefully easy!) recipe. Here’s my shortlist – can you guess which ones I’ve chosen to make?? Most of these cookies proclaim to be easy and many of them have only a few ingredients! I haven’t tried making any yet – I’ll probably just make my one batch for the exchange (fingers crossed it works out!!), so if you make any let me know how they come out!
- Twix Cookies – from this blog. This is a little shortbread cookie with caramel and chocolate on top. I’m not sure you could go too far wrong with this one!
- 4 Ingredient Strawberry White Chocolate Chip cookies – from this blog. These cookies are SO SO pretty! They are pink and white, and SO simple – all you need is strawberry cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs and white chocolate chips.
- Lemon Gooey Butter Cookies – from this blog. These are a little more complicated. Ok, a LOT more complicated. But they look so yummy that I just had to include them. That said, I probably won’t be making these this time!!
- Brown Sugar Cookies – from this blog. A really nice twist on a simple sugar cookie!
- Peanut Butter Cookies – from this blog. Another really EASY recipe. You only need a few ingredients, which will usually be in the pantry, and you have a really lovely cookie.
- Cake mix Cookies – from this blog. Super super simple, and as a bonus, this blog tells you how to make them TWELVE different ways!
- Jello cookies – from this blog. Another twist on sugar cookies – this time flavoured with jelly crystals. What a fun idea!!
- Nutella Cookies – from this blog. Another super easy and simple recipe, but so yummy. A must if you’re a chocolate or nutella addict like me!
- Award Winning Gingerbread Cookies – from this blog. Another less simple recipe, this is a great one for Christmas time.
- Classic Sugar Cookies – from this blog. What would a cookie recipe round up be without the classic sugar cookie? Sugar cookies are versatile and simple, the perfect recipe to keep tucked away for any occasion.
So, there they are! 10 gorgeous cookie recipes. I think I’m going to try the Nutella cookies for my cookie exchange – which will come as no surprise to those who know me!
What’s your favourite cookie recipe? Link it for me in the comments!