Tonight I came home from work to a lovely surprise. The lovely Bob from Bob Crochets has nominated me – little old me!! – for a Liebster Award. Of course I was incredibly surprised and flattered, especially considering the VERY short time that I have had this blog running. Bob’s words left me absolutely flabbergasted, I was surprised that anyone at all had seen or read my blog so far, let alone actually liked it. Suffice to say, I feel deeply grateful and incredibly encouraged to continue. I really hope that I can live up to and become a part of such a wonderful community.
So this is what the Liebster Awards are all about:
- Thank and link back to the blogger who presented you with the award.
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 random questions
- Create 11 random questions for your nominees
- Present/nominate a Liebster Blog Award to more newbie bloggers! (no tag backs)
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- I’m a big music theatre nerd – I have been in heaps of local shows, studied music theatre at uni before nursing and even played Joanne in a local production of RENT.
- I have a pug/jack russel cross dog named Phoebe.
- I’m also a BIG Harry Potter nerd and have a soft spot for fan fiction
- My mum taught me to crochet as a kid, and I could remember absolutely NOTHING when I started again a few months ago
- I am absolutely terrified of deep water and boats. And I can only just barely swim.
- I ate way, way, way too much chocolate over Easter
- My favourite colour is purple
- I’ll listen to almost any music at all
- I got married in January, on possibly the hottest day ever and almost fainted from my dress being too tight
- I adore seafood
- I am the oldest of four children
MY ANSWERS TO 11 RANDOM QUESTIONS
- What has been your most remarkable achievement in the last 6 months? Married the love of my life
- What is your least favourite household chore? Washing the floors. Ew.
- When do you have your alarm set for tomorrow? Haha 9 am. I don’t have to be at Uni early.
- Do you keep a calendar or diary? If so, what format is it? I have a calendar hanging in the kitchen, a day planner dry-erase board on the fridge, plus a bunch of notes/calendar thing in my phone. Pretty disorganised really!
- What is your favourite animal and one weird fact about it? I have a weird fascination with giraffes. A giraffe’s tongue is 18 inches long – now there’s a weird fact!
- How big is your yarn stash and how is it organised? I hang my head in shame. My husband would say I have too much wool, but I don’t think I have enough. It’s not really organised at all, it’s just in a big plastic tub. With the finished squares mixed in and the in-progress blanket on top. I need to get more organised.
- In your free time, what other hobbies do you pursue besides crochet? I read a lot, I play the piano, I participate in community theatre musical productions. I play the Sims.
- How often do you crochet for others – are you possessive about where your finished objects go once you finish them? Since I’m just learning, I haven’t finished a project yet. At the moment I’m working on a blanket for my husband and I, but once I finish I think I’d like to make most of my work for others.
- My name isn’t really Bob. Does your online persona reflect your offline self or are you incognito? My online self is my offline self – I haven’t seen too much of a need to draw a line as yet.
- What is your favourite pattern and/or project type to work? I’m still figuring it out. Right now I love squares because they work up so fast, I’m big on instant gratification while I’m learning.
- How many projects have you finished in the last year? None – I’m still working on my very first one!
MY 11 RANDOM QUESTIONS
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose and why?
- How long have you been crocheting?
- Hot weather or cold weather?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Do you prefer to cook or eat out?
- If you could be a fictional character for a day, who would you be?
- What do you consider your most unusual talent?
- What is your favourite quote?
- How many brothers and/or sisters do you have?
- How many projects do you have “on the go” at the moment?
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Thanks again, Bob! This has been an awesome experience and I can’t wait to pass on the love to another newbie blogger!